July 11, 2019 is All American Pet Photo Day. It’s one day where it is socially acceptable to bombard your social media feeds with adorable photos of your fur-babies.
You can also use July 11th, 2019 as an opportunity to check in with your flea & tick prevention plan to be sure you’re doing everything you can to protect the four-legged members of your family.
Before going out and taking photos of your pets, be mindful of these flea prevention tips.
Flea Prevention Tips
- Use monthly flea treatment for your pet as recommended by your veterinarian
- Do not use canine products on cats
- Keep grass mowed and shrubs trimmed
- When planting shrubs, keep them away from your house and each other
- Rake leaves, brush, and clippings
- Do regular tick checks
- Groom your pet regularly
- Use a flea comb for outdoor pets
- Vacuum regularly
- Sweep and mop tile or wood floors regularly
- Steam clean carpets and upholstered furniture once a month
- Wash and heat-dry your pet’s bedding regularly
Think your pet may have fleas? Here are some signs you can look for.
Once you know your pets are taken care of, they’ll be ready for their closeup!
- With their furry friends or stuffed animals
- In a fun outfit or costume
- Taking a nap
- Looking moody
- Doing a trick
- Riding with their head out of a window
- Posing with the family
- Playing with a toy
- In a flower crown
- Playing with bubbles
- Catching a treat
- Getting a Puppuccino at Starbucks
- High fiving a human
- Catch them stretching or getting a belly rub
- Posing with props
- Playing at the beach
- In your glasses
- Catch them smiling
Let their personality shine! You’re limited only by your imagination… and what your furry friend will tolerate.
Use #AllAmericanPetPhotoDay when you post your photos!