It’s not always easy to detect a pest problem; pests are skilled at hiding. If you don’t know what to look for, it’s easy to miss key signs of an infestation. To help your home become (and stay) pest free, here are some signs to look for that can indicate a serious pest problem in your home:
- Dead bugs indoors: If you are regularly finding dead bugs on window ledges and other areas of the home (many of the same species) chances are they have made your home their home.
- Signs of nesting: Rodents such as mice will make nests out of whatever is readily available to them. Searching behind appliances, inside cabinets, and other discreet areas of your home will reveal if there are nests in your home.
- Active pests: It’s important to do some research when you find bugs/pests in your home. This will help you understand what type of infestation you might be dealing with.
- Strange sounds: If you are hearing pattering of rodent’s feet but can’t seem to find the rodent, don’t assume you’re just hearing things that aren’t there. As stated earlier, pests are skilled hiders, so if you think you hear them, chances are you’re not crazy…there are probably pests running around somewhere in your home.
- Holes and gnaw marks: Finding small holes in the walls, or areas with tiny bite marks are big signs of a pest problem in your house. Keep an eye out for chewed electrical wires and other things that rats or mice can gnaw on and damage.
- Grease marks and tracks: Rodents tend to travel the same path every day. This can cause a path of grease marks to form along their travel route – you might also find droppings, urine trains and footprints marking out their path.
If you have any or all of these infestation signs, call the professionals (910)-455-5888. One of May Exterminating’s friendly and trained technicians will be happy to assist you with your pest control needs.